Tuesday, February 15, 2011

In one moment...


I was sitting at the bus stop in my hometown of Icheon two days ago and realized that I have found true happiness. I have successfully entered into a career that has been a long-time goal of mine, I have fatefully found an incredible support system of friends, both foreign and native, that make some of the memories I am sure to miss the most, I have passed through the 3-month long threshold that was America at my back and Korea at my front to now be in full existence as a resident of Korea. I am well on my way to becoming a Korean speaker and have worked so hard to become accustomed to what was once a completely foreign place. I have gained an incredible amount of respect for everyday comfort, something that has left me since I left the western world, and have a newly heightened sense of awareness about how easy Americans have it. Though it has been a struggle for me and a genuine emotional strain at times, I would not have it any other way than how I have it now....well....I would chose to have my friends and family readily available at a snap of a finger but that's all. I have the best support team back at home that keeps me going more than they realize. Their love and encouragement transcends through the lands and oceans and is delivered directly to me everyday. How did I get so lucky? How did everything fall into place so magically? I enjoy being challenged and pushed daily and find thrill in the fact that I constantly experience so many unknowns. There are moments in my life when there is such a rush and happiness that I can't help but shine a huge smile. This was one of those moments. And it was incredible.

I love and miss you all dearly but please find comfort in the fact that my heart is happy, my mind is content, and my soul is at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment