Friday, August 27, 2010

I'M GOING TO ....Chicago...?

It has recently been made aware to me by my dear fellow English teacher/life coach/guiding beacon of light that I must make an impromptu trip to Chicago. Why Chicago? To go see the Oprah show of course because this is her last season!! Ok I fib and while indulging myself in a live recording of the Oprah Winfrey show does sound mildly tempting and could pose as being a valid entry on my bucket list, that is not the reason why I am traveling to Chi-town.

Chicago holds the key to my E-2 (work visa). Currently I am waiting (waiting music softly begins to commence in the seemingly far away distance) on getting my issuance number. After all of my paper work was received by my recruiter, it was then sent on to my school. Because I am in the extremely fortunate position that I am of having the incredible support of the undeniably amazing teacher (I know this sentence is awkward but I chose to not use her name without having her permission to do so; you know, like respect and stuff.) who is already there at my school teaching, I have the insightful knowledge of knowing that my paperwork was in the hands of my boss on Wednesday and at the Korean Embassy on Friday. A-mazing. I am sitting cross-fingered hoping the embassy accepts my documents which are technically incomplete because my original diploma is not present. (I should get that in about 4 more weeks). If all goes well (cue George Michael) then I will have my issuance number next Friday. This is the number I need in order to make a reservation with the Korean consulate, which is located in Chicago of course.

The appointment will ideally be made for the week of Aug 8 or 9. I will then fly back and wait another week for my work visa to arrive in the mail.

More information about getting your E-2 work visa can be found at this website.

Lessons learned: hurry up and wait, repeat.

1 comment:

  1. Its cool, you can give me credit by name. I mean, I deserve it. :)

    ReplyDelete